Did you know that when transferring a domain to LikeRock, you have to ensure that the domain is not locked at the current registrar? Most registrars will have some variation of the following steps available for you to follow:
- Login to your current registrars (where your domain is registered) website
- Request your authorization code also known as a transfer key.
- Make sure to unlock your domain.
- Once you have your authorization code and have unlocked the domain, sign up for your account with Like Rock and provide the authorization code during sign up. Already have an account with us? Click on the Hosting / Domain >> Add / Transfer Domain option and submit your transfer request.
- Once we transfer process is kicked off, an approval email is sent to the domain owner (you) to confirm that you want to transfer the domain to another registrar.
- If you click on the "Approve" link in the email, the transfer request is sent to your existing registrar to release the domain.
- And that's it! The process can be as quick as 6-12hrs, though sometimes it can take a week. However, on average you're looking at about 24-48hrs for the entire process.
Too much mumbo-jumbo to transfer your domain? Don't worry we do this for a living, so send us your account information at your registrar and we can take care of the entire process for you! We'll even guide you through the process if you have any questions. Sign up now to take advantage of our service!