There are several web applications like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc. that require you to know what version of PHP is installed or available by your hosting provider. If you've ever wondered how to find out, here is a quick tip on getting the info you need:
- Create a new file with a .php extension. Eg. phpinfo.php
- Next place the following in the file:
1 2 3
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
- Upload the file to you the document root directory, usually called www or public_html
- Pull up your page in the browser. Eg. http://www.yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php
- You should see a lot of relevant information about what version of PHP is installed along with which extensions, etc.
That's it! If you have any questions or problems, let us know, we'll try to be as helpful as possible.
Did you know that we now offer free installation on Joomla and WordPress with every hosting account? We will install and configure your content management system (CMS), create the necessary database, install any free plugins/components/modules you request, and even install any free template you want!
So what are you waiting for, signup for a hosting account with LikeRock and have your site up and running same day. Once you've signed up, simply open a support ticket and let us know what you want and we'll gladly set it up for you.
Already have an account? Want the same special treatment as new customers? No problem! Just create a ticket and let us take care of the rest.