There are several web applications like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc. that require you to know what version of PHP is installed or available by your hosting provider. If you've ever wondered how to find out, here is a quick tip on getting the info you need:
- Create a new file with a .php extension. Eg. phpinfo.php
- Next place the following in the file:
1 2 3
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
- Upload the file to you the document root directory, usually called www or public_html
- Pull up your page in the browser. Eg. http://www.yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php
- You should see a lot of relevant information about what version of PHP is installed along with which extensions, etc.
That's it! If you have any questions or problems, let us know, we'll try to be as helpful as possible.